




It is an interesting thing, moving every few years. This year, as I contemplated this, I came to understand that having "traditions" is one of the ways that I can help to anchor my children. For the past few years, we have decorated Gingerbread Houses. I wasn't going to do it this year. I also wasn't going to put up Christmas decorations this year as we were going to be in Utah for Christmas and New Years. Ben changed my mind about the Gingerbread houses. He asked me with so much enthusiasm in his voice WHEN we were going to make Gingerbread Houses. When I told the kids that we weren't going to put up the Christmas decorations, they looked so forlorn and begged to be able to put them up. I agreed and at this point came to understand how these "traditions" mean so much to them and are a part of how they feel a sense of security and anchoring with the many moves that we make.
No comments:
Post a Comment